Wednesday, June 27, 2007

This is how I overcompensate!

When in doubt, bake! I'm not really in doubt, okay? I just needed an excuse to bake! If it's raining, I bake. If I am sad, I bake. If I am happy, I bake. Kind of like singing! You know I'm in a serious funk if you come to my house and see nothing inside the glass, pedestal cake plate with the glass dome cover. Something is always, always inside there. When Jeremy walks into the kitchen and sees that it's empty, he begins to whine. "Babe, nothing for desert? What do we have that's sweet? I need something sweet." I made the mistake early on in our marriage to feed him desert with almost every meal. Desert isn't a big deal to me, I'm more into SALT. I just like to make it and make it pretty! But, Jeremy is a different story. The boy has a sweet tooth like I've never seen!

We are getting ready to leave town for a few days for some Church Plant training so I thought I would make a bunch of cookies for the road and for our team to enjoy at the hotel. I decided to make Snickerdoodle cookies, my favorite! But then I changed my mind and made The Cake Doctor's Snickerdoodle Cake! If you don't have a cake holder that you can travel with, you need one! It's so handy! Sooooo, I think the cake is going with us. Well, that's if no unexpected guests arrive between now and tomorrow night and that's if Jeremy and the kids don't eat it all! Otherwise, the cake will be packed in the car with us. I better make some cookies, just in case.

Oh good heavens, this cake is delicious!

If you would like the recipe for yourself, email me and I will gladly give it to you. I have it on an email already saved for my friend Courtney, my fellow "snickerdoodle cookie lover"!

And please don't let this post make you think I am the perfect wife, etc. I just overcompensate in my baking! :) Now if only I could follow a recipe for everything else, life would be pretty simple!

14 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Thank you SO much for the recipe! I can't wait to try it. It looks amazing and I really don't think its going to last until your trip. =)

Anonymous said...

I made these peanut butter bars one time...and david LOVED them...they had oatmeal, and peanut butter topped with chocolate..yummo, not too sweet, just right, cause I am not a big dessert eater either.

Cara~

Gwen said...

You know something? I don't even own a glass cake holder so the fact that something is always in yours makes me look very bad! LOL!!!!! Just kidding with you, but seriously I don't own one!

Liz Ferguson said...

Ahhh...I love snickerdoodles. I never heard of a snickerdoodle cake. That sounds awesome!! I think I'm going to have to e-mail you for the recipe! :)

Wendy said...

Yum, that looks great! I love snickerdoodle cookies too!

Christina said...

Can you say yum? lol That cake look sooooo good!

Brenda said...

YUM-- looks delicious, Amanda! :)

Amy... said...

What a good wife! I'm not a baker, which is probably a good thing because I'd be much bigger:) I've always admired women who can bake beautiful things!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I have something for you over at my blog. Check it out!! =)

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE the snickerdoodle cake recipe! They are my favorite cookies. conoil@yahoo.com
Angela
a friend thru your entries

Paula said...

I also love Snickerdoodles. So will give this a try.
I love when you cook and post about that. It makes me feel warm and in the mood to cook/bake also. If we lived close to eachother, I would weigh 500 lbs. I know you can cook girl. I can see that for sure.

Kate said...

You are awesome!!!
That looks delicious by the way! :)

Gwen said...

Just wondering how your weekend went? I hope it went well!

Kelly said...

Hope your trip to the Church Planter's gathering was an encouragement. Can't wait to hear about it- and your 4th of July. (I'm sure you prepared some fabulous food!) Miss reading your posts the past few days- hope you are doing great and just busy with your beautiful family!