Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Other people's blogs

I don't have a whole bunch to say right now. I've got baking on the brain and a song I need to work hard on for our Christmas Eve service! And our Christmas Eve Service is going to ROCK! :) I am so excited that my parents will be here for it! I actually got to help plan the whole thing and that's what I LOVE doing. I'm still trying to work my way or pray my way out of this funk I have been in but I feel a whole lot better today.

So, I would like to tell you about a blog I am reading right now. I got to it from a friend's blog and I really feel God is going to do some amazing things through the guts of this woman and her ability to share her story. Right now, she is my hero! I love a woman that is not afraid to share the not so "picture perfect" things in life. Instead, she has chosen to share what real life is all about and how sometimes things come our way we don't see coming. We are surrounded by people who don't have the picture perfect home we think they have. And you know what? That's okay because that's what God can use. That's why we are in DESPERATE need of a Savior.

I absolutely LOVE how Robin described her friend's blog posts. She could not have said it any better! "I encourage you to go visit and prepare to be challenged about a subject that is often swept under the rug, in the dark…exactly where it shouldn't be." Well said Robin! It seems that Satan is so sneaky these days (I think he gets sneakier and sneakier the more the truth is revealed) that so much has been discounted in our society and even in the church. I am not stupid enough to think my marriage is indestructible. Satan comes at marriages full force. He hates it! He hates family, he hates truth. Justification and a "little bit of this" or a "little bit of that" will destroy a marriage. Just a spark can create an unstoppable fire! I have many friends that have experienced this in their own marriage and I constantly pray protection over mine for this very reason. You will just have to go to Robin's blog to get the link and read the story. I have a feeling this precious woman that has followed the Holy Spirit's prompting to share her story will come against some battle as she does this because Satan would prefer her mouth to remain shut. He prefers us to wear a smile and allow no one to know the REAL us. And that's when we are pleasing to him. I prefer to be pleasing to my Heavenly Father. That is why I am so blessed by this woman sharing her story. She is setting so many people free by being real. Inspiring, totally inspiring!

Go to Robin's blog for the link. I did not get permission to link her friend so I will send you to Robin. :)

6 comments:

Timmarie said...

Thanks for this link for the link. I agree with you wholeheartedly that the body of Christ needs to take off it's mask of "perfect" homes.

Erin said...

That is amazing, I am so intrigued to hear the rest of the story! It is such a small world, I work for the company that Robin's husband help start!

Christy said...

Hey Amanda, can you help me out? I was reading your blog last week and a sweet lady left a comment regarding a Christmas ornament.. I went to get what I needed and now I can't find her comment to go to her blog and check out again how to make it.. it was a Christmas ball with a childs picture inside.... thanks so much!!!

Unknown said...

Erin, I know Robin from FC. I went there for almost four years as a single.

Christy, I have NO CLUE what you are talking about. Sorry, wish I could help.

Kelly said...

Amanda~

I just read her story this morning and was blown away by her openness and honesty. Wow!

You are so right- satan is going to hate the fact that she isn't hiding her story, and so I am praying for her and her family as God uses them to encourage others. I think it is so easy to take our marriages for granted, and like you, I am praying for my family every day- it is a battle, and we kid ourselves if we deny that.

Thanks for the link- I think her story is going to touch a lot of lives.

Robin said...

Amanda,

'Thanks for the link love and pointing to Cindy's story. I have heard it and it will blow you away how God healed their marraige!

Sorry I don't get to comment often. I read your blog every day via Google Reader, but can't comment since all blogspot and wordpress.com addresses are blocked at work. Once I get home, well, then I have cleaning to do and kids to play with!

Take care!! Also, I meant to say at one point, I understand about knowing you made the right decision to move and wouldn't go back. I miss my friends ( and a few stores) but I wouldn't go back. Well, unless God called us there. =)