Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Surrounded by Love -Amanda


There is something about Christmas that brings such a peace to my life. The Birth of Christ was the ultimate gift and because of Jesus Christ, I can live with peace in my heart every single day of my life. But Christmas seems to renew my peace every single year. I am reminded of how important it is to STOP and breathe life in. For this year Christmas has revealed itself in a new way this year. It has come with a huge gift. Love. I am surrounded by love and I can see how the Lord uses my friends and family, especially my children, to show me how much HE loves me and CARES for me.

As I enjoy the beautiful sounds of my children laughing, the smell of cookies baking and the sights of twinkling lights on the trees and all through out the house, I stop to breathe it all in and exhale with peace. I am truly surrounded by love.

Christmas Pajamas, Christmas socks on my kids little feet, drinking coffee from all my Christmas coffee cups, my collection of ornaments and my coat closet by the front door covered in Christmas cards, all bring so much joy to my day. Pipe cleaners, squiggly eyes and lots of glue and glitter for Christmas crafts. Sprinkles, icing and cookie cutters and aprons covered in flour. Traditions, memories and praise to our King Jesus, is what Christmas is all about.

Today I choose to open my eyes and see the love I am surrounded by. I have parents who love me, a husband who adores me, children who think I am the greatest Mom in the world and friends who never give up on me and love me like family. I am surrounded by Christ's love.

Christ the Saviour is born!

Merry Christmas!

Amanda

1 comment:

Love Being A Nonny said...

You are so blessed to be surrounded by love! Merry Christmas Amanda! Did you decide to do your baking business this year?