Monday, April 18, 2011

Lunch and The Giving Tree


I'm obviously in the midst of a blogging spurt! Something happened when our family decided to homeschool year round. Peace! I now feel like we can have days of art and days of relaxation and play, without picking up one bit of curriculum. Slow and steady! Ahhhhhhh. Because of this new found peace, I have gotten back to doing things I love with my kids/students.

This week we are in the midst of Spring Break part II! We are getting ready to go on a four day vacation and we are so excited! I decided this entire week would be a memory making week. This morning we went outside, under my favorite tree, and read The Giving Tree. This book has always been one of my favorites. Shel Silverstein is an author every child loves and His books stick with you forever. Everyone had their nature journals and drew beautiful trees while listening to me read. It was perfect!! As long as they have something to do with their hands while I read aloud, they listen. It was a magical morning!

And a lot of awesome Mamas out there have been making muffin tin lunches for years, but I am just now getting around to it. The kids thought I was a rockstar and I actually felt like one too!

I'm in love with my job!

8 comments:

michelle {the lively kitchen} said...

I do muffin tin lunches all the time. My kids like a lot of variety, so it works out great.

Love the pictures!

Unknown said...

Thank you Michelle! P.s. Breastfeeding still rocks!!!! Almost 6 months!!!

Naomi said...

<3 this! Love the renewed, and revived passion you have! I love this post, its real life and a symbol of the complete refining the Lord is doing in your life. Great job, love the tin muffin lunch too!
love u friend.

Tiffany said...

Picture #2 makes me wanna CRY...so beautiful, 'Manda...praise Jesus for His love, guidance, provision and grace! I love you and am continually inspired by you!

Tiffany said...

Picture #2 makes me wanna CRY...so beautiful, 'Manda...praise Jesus for His love, guidance, provision and grace! I love you and am continually inspired by you!

Anonymous said...

"The Giving Tree" is my kids' fave Shel Silverstein book! LOVE the muffin tin lunches..will be doing those this week! Thanks!! Your passion is contagious & I hope you keep sharing! :)

ruthanne said...

You've inspired me! You don't even have to leave the comfort of your backyard to have a magical afternoon. Love the muffin lunch idea too. Hope you are doing well!

ruthanne said...

You've inspired me! You don't even have to leave the comfort of your backyard to have a magical afternoon. Love how shaded your new backyard is. Love the tin muffin lunch too, never seen that before. Hope your doing well!