Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fanfare of the Common Man

I've spent the last few hours working on a Famous Composers list for our Homeschool music study. I divided them up into three terms. We are studying two a month in chronological order. I am going to do the same with artists. I would love for the kids to be able to see famous paintings and know the artist. We read a book about Grant Wood a few years ago, and learned about the American Gothic paintingWhen we went to Chicago to run the marathon back in 2009, Josiah reminded me of Grant Wood's education and how he went to the art institute there. I love when they remember things we have read about! It is a nice "pat on the back" for a Homeschool Mom!

Through our composer study this year, I hope they grab hold of my passion for classical music. One day, when they hear Fanfare of the Common Man, they will think back to our little classroom and remember our lesson on Aaron Copland. 



What a blessing it is to teach my children each and every day! Thank you Lord for this incredible gift. May I never take it lightly. It is an honor!


No comments: