Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Lord Bless You And Keep You - Westminster Abbey Choir



One of my favorite songs to sing (with a choir) and one of my favorite songs to listen to. I love all things John Rutter! I have a recording of the Cambridge Singers singing this piece and listen to it often.

I am also thankful for one of my best friends, Tiffany, who emailed this to me yesterday. She attached the youtube video with a simple message, "Praying this over you today." Her and I both share a love and appreciation for John Rutter. Everyone deserves a friend like Tiffany. I love her...deeply.

The Lord has been doing some amazing things in my life. Just last night I had the privilege of meeting a friend for coffee. It was the first time I had been out of the house...without children...in a very long time. It was a blessed couple of hours. It went by way too fast. My heart was ministered to in the most incredible ways. I sat face to face with a fellow wife, mother and homeschooler. She is eight years older than me, a mother to TEN beautiful children and loves God with every fiber of her being. It's obvious. We laughed a lot and it was so good for my soul. Today, I feel like a brand new wife and mother. I feel refreshed. More than anything, I feel "known". She wanted to know me. She wanted to spend time with me. I have said for years how much I desire to learn from women who have been where I am at, and conquered!

As I drank my coffee this morning, I thought about the email Tiffany sent me yesterday. Her prayer for me was answered. There are those precious moments in life when we can feel the Lord's countenance upon us. Last night, as I sat at Starbucks with Noel, I felt His countenance upon me. He answers prayers in His PERFECT timing.

Thank you Father for choosing me. You are so gracious to me. I love you.


The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord lift His countenance up on you
and give you peace, and give you peace

The Lord make His face to shine upon you
and be gracious unto you
and be gracious, and be gracious

The Lord be gracious, gracious upon you.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Love how God loves us through others.

Sounds like you have a wonderful new friend. There is nothing like one who shares our faith and passion for God's will in our life. So glad you had that time of restoration!