Monday, February 27, 2012

restoration


Jeremy teaching Josiah to mow the yard yesterday

He's had three different last names. Three. His dad left when he was five. He has not seen him since. But the Lord says, "I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten." Joel 2:25


As we prepare for the birth of our fifth child, our fourth boy, I think about the Lord's work in my husband's life. It is no surprise the Lord chose another boy for our growing tribe. The task of raising Godly men is overwhelming at times. Teaching them responsibility, integrity, honor, purity, and leadership is a full-time job. But...it is an honor. I don't take it lightly, neither does Jeremy. It is a gift.


By the time Jeremy was seven years old, he was mowing lawns to earn money for a new bike. It was then, an incredible work ethic was birthed. He has always worked hard. There was no other man to teach him how to work hard. Just something the Holy Spirit began to develop in him way back then. It breaks my heart to think of him having to mow lawns in order to get a bike. We just buy a bike for our kids! No questions asked. But Jeremy had to work for it!


When I look into Josiah's eyes, I see Jeremy as a little boy. It isn't hard to do. They look exactly alike. When people see them together, I notice how they stop and gasp as they recognize the resemblance. Apparently,  I just grew the boy while he formed into a little Jeremy. That boy doesn't have one physical feature of mine. Not one!


Jeremy's life was much different as a little boy. Many times, Jeremy was the man of the house. He was the pillar of the home. When a step-dad left, he picked up the pieces.


Watching him with our boys is a sight to behold! It is redemption at its best! I love watching God work in my husband's life. He is restoring the years  stolen from him. He is getting back what was taken. Not just once, but FOUR times.


Ava Beth is his princess, no doubt.  Josiah, Ezekiel, Jude, and Israel...his restoration.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

This brought my tears to my eyes. So full of joy and hope. Thank you for sharing!

Kelly said...

Beautiful. God is so good, an dyou are blessed to recognize His hand in your family.