Monday, June 25, 2007

Operation early morning

I made the decision a few weeks ago to get up early, before anyone else does and prepare myself for the day. Unfortunately, my attempts were not successful. One day, that's all it lasted for. But doing it that one day was awesome! My entire day went smoothly because of it. I woke up, made coffee, made my husband some breakfast, walked him out, read my Bible and wrote in my prayer journal. When the kids woke up, Mama was ready!

This week, I am trying again. With the help of my friend, Ruth, who will be calling me every morning to make sure I am awake, I will be getting up early! Today, I got up at 5:30am before Ruth called, Jeremy was still sleeping. I took a quick bath to wake myself up and then headed downstairs, made his breakfast, his lunch, my coffee and then I smiled big as he left for work. I felt good about me. Then I headed for my big chair and ottoman and read my Bible, journaled and then read Soul Cravings for my book club. My Mom just gave me the chair and ottoman because she got new furniture. So I put it in my front room, which was totally empty until now, and I am trying to make the room, my room. (Maybe I should have called this post, The Chair. No, then you would have thought of George Strait.)

Now it is 7:21AM, all three kids are still in bed, my house is totally clean (I cleaned it yesterday more than I have ever cleaned this house) and I am ready for the day. I think I will actually sit down with my kids this morning and eat breakfast with them instead of doing a hundred other things while they eat.

I realize that every morning may not go this well and my house will not always be this clean and put together. But, today was a great start and I am going to enjoy every bit of it. I've needed a change and this is the first step.

Kelly Ann, Janna, Cindy, Gina, Erika, Ruth, Mom, Kyle and Jeremy, you have ALL been covered in prayer this morning, very specific prayers.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's 8:15 and I just got up!!!!!!!!!!!! How cool is that? What a blessing it is to pour a cup of coffee, let the dog out, sit down at the computer and check your blog, and find out that I have already been "specifically" bathed in prayer. Thank you so much. I feel it. I have so much to do in these next 3 days to get ready for a "new season" in my life. I am so excited. I feel like I interviewed for this awesome job and GOT IT and then only to find out the job is even better and has more benifits than I thought.

God is so good to His children. He causes His children to pray for each other. There is no room for sibling rivalry in the family of God.

Keep praying for your momma!

I love you.
Mom

Gwen said...

Goodmorning! How was your weekend?

You know something funny? I have just been saying to myself that if I could get myself up early and get going BEFORE the kids are up I may feel better about my days and myself!

I got up at 7 a.m. this morning and that was early as opposed to what I have been doing since summer started. Even that feels better! Maybe tomorrow it will be earlier!

Have a wonderful day!

Christina said...

I'm so glad that you have had an awesome start to your day. :-)

Wendy said...

Seems like we are often on the same page. I had a similar start to my day and have been trying to do the same thing. I was up at 6:30 before anyone else and it was wonderful. Why don't I do this more often? I'm working on it - right there w/ya!

Here's to a great week of leaning on the Lord as we travel, sometimes murky waters. :)

Gina said...

What a great way to start your week! I was reading Soul Cravings this morning too and all I could think about is us and "our destiny" together in this church plant! I truly know God brought you and your family here for Resonate and the closer we and our families get the more powerful we are going to be!!!!
Thanks for a great time this weekend and the GREAT conversation....we are lucky to have two AMAZING husbands, huh?

Thanks for praying for me....I FEEL IT THIS MORNING!!

Unknown said...

Mom, I am excited about this new season in your life. I was praying about it this morning! I love you!

Gwen, I will be in your part of the this country we live in called TEXAS, this weekend!!! Glad you got up early too!

Wendy, I am sure you ahve already ran at least five miles by 6:30am! That's why I need you to live by ME!!

Gina, I am LOVING this part of the book. I knew you would too! i love you my friend!

Anonymous said...

What is Soul Cravings?
Mom

Anonymous said...

So glad your morning is going well!! Love you!

Gina said...

The Book "Soul Cravings" is by author Erwin McMannus.....AMAZING!

Cindy said...

Thank you the prayers this morning! I'm so glad your week is off to a wonderful start. I need to read Soul Cravings today as well as our Psalms and Proverbs. I'm excited about those books...thanks for suggesting that for our reading! Love you!

Anonymous said...

thanks for being such a good friend, amanda. your prayers are so appreciated.

Kelly said...

I am with you! The mornings I manage to have my time with God before the craziness of life with kids begins, I am so better equipped to handle things. I feel His calm in my life, and things seem to fall into place. A few years ago I became convicted about tithing my time... giving God the first fruits of my time. Offering my time (which can be more precious than all the money in the world when you have toddlers!!!) up to Him before I spend it on anything else. How He honored that obdedience! I am at a point where I need to get back to that, - what a precious way to start the day.
I will be praying for your mornings to be full of God's word for your life.

Gwen said...

Oh the first time I was on your site this morning I didn't see the pic of the chair! AWESOME! I would love a chair like that to call my own! Enjoy!

Oh and I misunderstood I thought you were coming here this past weekend. Well welcome to my neck of the woods this weekend!!!! If you weren't so busy I would say we should meet up but I understand this weekend will be full!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Like I told you in an email last week, YOU inspired me with that original post and I've gotten up at 5:30am for the last 6 of 7 mornings. I CHERISH those times now and I can't see myself going back to before that time.

Thank YOU!!!

V. said...

I love FREE FURNITURE!

Gwen said...

You know I'm up 30 minutes earlier than yesterday! I thought I would report that! You know what the problem is...SO IS MY FOUR YEAR OLD!!! LOL!!!

Wendy said...

That's funny! I wish I was that way! I never get up early enough to run before my husband is off to work.