Saturday, June 23, 2007

Rain

I've been thinking a lot about the issues that seem to creep in and out, in and out, in and out of my life. You know, the mountain I seem to circle over and over and over and over again? Each time it creeps up on me, I say this to God. "Okay God. We've been here before. Didn't we deal with this already? Why am I at this same place again? I'm really tired of being here. So how about we make this the last circle?! UGH!"

Thankfully, I am out of the pit I was in a few weeks ago. In fact, whatever cloud was hanging over me is totally gone and I really am experiencing a fullness right now. A fullness of joy! But just two weeks ago I felt the pounding of rain coming down hard. So I cried out to God and asked Him to pick me up and carry me out of the storm! And in the midst of my rut/funk, I began to feel him carry me away. While I don't wish to go back and experience the trial all over again, I am grateful. For when I am hurting, confused or fearful, that's when my Lord carries me and takes me out of the storm.

Cherish the storm.

Below is a video I have shared at least two or three times on my old blog sites. But today I started thinking about this video again. I will never forget the first time I saw it and how much it made an impact on my life. I'm forever grateful for this story because it helped me see my Heavenly Father in a brand new way. It showed me that my heartache is a precious gift because that's when I draw close and He carries me through the storms of life. Enjoy.


2 comments:

Olive said...

Thanks Amanda- I needed to see that again!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that you share your struggles, day by day. It is kind of a how-to for me. We all have struggles and by showing how you deal with them, it has helped me so much and wanted you to know it. I could cry right now knowing that somewhere else there is someone struggling, wanting to do God's will, and getting through it. How I found you, I don't know, by linking, I'm sure. I don't comment often, but read often.