Tuesday, September 30, 2008

FASHION ROCKS

Instead of talking about my kids or running, etc., I am going to talk about something really fun for me. Fashion! If I wasn't a Mom, my career would definitely be something in fashion. I love expressing myself through clothes and always have. I think that's why I also love changing my hair up. Right now I am growing it out. Not completely but some of it. :) I could change my mind though. Anyway, I am a gal who looks at someone and dreams of giving them a style makeover. The thing about clothes is it can totally change how someone feels and carries them self. It's powerful! It's fun! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE putting stuff together for my friends. From accessories to shoes to hair and makeup. Oh I just love it!


Now here is the cool part! You do NOT have to have a lot of money to be stylish! So below I have posted some moments I absolutely live for! First let me say that Sunday is a big day for me. It's a day OUT OF THE HOUSE each week! It is the day I get dressed to go to church. No, church is not about Fashion but it is the one day of the week I can put on lots of makeup, tons of hair product, high heels and an outfit I've invented the night before! One lady in the church always hunts me down to see what I am wearing. She is in her fifties and loves fashion and accessories so we chit chat about where we found a bargain on our newest piece of bling and my cup is filled and so is hers! If you see me during the week, I'll be pretty plain jane. Just me, my flip-flops, old navy shorts, tank tops and a ball cap.

Okay, so look below and run out to the stores I have mentioned and see if you can find these awesome items!! :) You know you will! You know you will wear it to church and all your friends will go out and copy you. That's what us women do!


This is a ring I found in the dollar section at Target. Instantly when I saw it, I thought of my red shoes. One little accent can totally make an outfit. You would not want to do red earrings, red belt or anything else red except for shoes. I happened to be leading worship that weekend so it was nice to to wear something new! :) Sooooo I wore it with a black top, my iT jeans I got on eBay, sparkly chandelier earrings, bracelets to match the earrings (the more bracelets the better) and my red shoes. Yes, I created my outfit around a ring I bought for $1.00! And I had at least five ladies stop and ask me about my ring.

Since I was leading worship that weekend, Jeremy said I could by a new top to go with my $1.00 ring. I bet he never guessed I would find my shirt on the clearance rack at Wal Mart for $5.00! Don't look too close because I hung dry it and it has some white fuzz on it that I need to get with a lint roller. Isn't it cute?! It's a turtle neck with little capped sleeves. I love it!

Today I was walking through Wal Mart and saw these really cool tshirts with these big trees on them by Norma Kamali! There was a white one, grey one and this black one. Instantly I thought of a hot pink tshirt hanging in my closet that a friend gave me. I think it's from JCrew and it's never even been worn. I'm leading worship a few times in November and I think this little duo will be so fun with jeans tucked into my knee-high black boots one Sunday. Oh and the shirt was $6.00!! :)

So see! Isn't it fun to create totally cute, hip looks from the dollar section of Target and your local Wal Mart?! I am sure my Mom can remember the days of me being a snobby teenager and not wanting any clothes from Wal Mart. Now, it's all I can afford! :)

I promise to share more good deals and fun ideas to use with your fashion in a few weeks! Let your closet be your canvas. So fun!

6 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

I think it takes an "artsy" mind to accessorize...you have it, I don't. Thank goodness for people like you, who share their ideas!!! Loved this post! Now give me a baby to dress...THAT I can do!

Kelly Ann said...

Loved this post! I SO miss our shopping trips to Target. You really can work the fashion! I like to think of you as my personal stylist!! :)

Christina said...

I need someone like you in my life, I'm CLUELESS about fashion. I had my 13 year old niece buy me clothes and she did a better job of it than I ever could. lol :-) She had fun!

Karen said...

OK, you would be amazed at the colors I put together today -- I feel very chic! ;)

You have always had a great sense of fashion but you are really good at it now. You know where it all comes from? MamMaw Ritter. Who ever knew a woman in her 80s that was secure enough in her own skin to wear boots. Can you only imagine how fun she COULD have been if she had not been "held back" by "standards of man". She would have had (and shared with us) the best make-up and I can only dream of the jewelry and accessories.

I love that tree shirt. I haven't seen it. Probably because it is in the Junior Dept. Everything looks good in YOUR size.

luv u
mom

Karen said...

You inspired me -- I have a splash of red myself today.

FASHION TIP from MiMi:
never carry the same color purse as your shoes!

Anonymous said...

It takes a true FASHIONISTA to take a $6.00 shirt from Wal-Mart and make it look like a million bucks!You have great style,
‘Manda…always have.Thanks for giving us broke gals some hope, when it comes to keeping stylishly current!

Love,
Tiff ;)

xoxoxo