Monday, September 29, 2008

cupcakes and trees



Okay I am in a huge hurry but wanted to post these before Heidi gets to my house for our run. Grammy was in town this weekend (still is) so we made some cupcakes. I bought the decorations over a month ago because I am obsessed with making cupcakes and get so excited every single time I find "cupcake ctuff". The kids had a blast decorating them! We gave some away to our friends and still have a few left. Believe it or not, I have yet to have one.

Today Josiah and I worked on the "Thankful Tree." It turned out great! He wrote ALL of the words except for a few that I did. 90% of them he already knew how to spell! Soooooo this was so much fun to do together and it really showed me how much he has learned to spell. This kid amazes me daily!! Oh and I totally swiped the Thankful Tree idea from my friend Wendy . She is a very crafty/creative Mama! (This is on the coat closet door in our "School room") Thank you Wendy for great ideas!

Off to run!

Happy Fall! October is ALMOST here!!!!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Cara said...

Thank you my most lovable cousin. I am stealing this idea for my kiddos when we get into our Fall/Harvest theme (around thanksgiving). You ROCK! also, Hayden's party it going to be a cupcake theme...got any ideas?????

Cara said...

btw, I tagged you, so go on over and check out my blog!

Christy said...

cute idea... I love how creative you are (even if you stole the idea I know you did the craft work).

Kelly said...

The cupcakes look yummy! I'm impressed that you are able to resist having one for so long!

Paula said...

Great job. And you are NOT stealing an idea. We are in this together, raising and teaching our children. SO we are SHARING!!!!

Wendy said...

i agree w/paula. i'm glad you guys did it and had fun! so glad everyone is feeling better. :)

Kim said...

Love the cupcakes! Love the tree! I am gonna have to "steal" it too. Thanks for sharing :)

Kelly Ann said...

I'm totally "stealing" the tree idea too! :)

Those cupcakes look YUMMY!!

Thank you for the call this morning...it was definitely a GOD thing!

Love you!

Karen said...

aaaaah! I love the tree. I saw my name. I loved it. That was one of those moments when I could smell y'all. Sometimes I get to missing y'all. Everyone has their own scent. I have this ability to smell each individual scent and I feel like I'm there. You can only feel the scent of someone if you really love them.

I need hugs and kisses from everyone.

I love you.
mom

PS. Just curious -- wonder how many POINTS are in just one of your cupcakes.