Tuesday, October 14, 2008

burdened

For the past week I have been dealing with a burden that I have never had before. This burden is for our country. I have chosen to turn the comments off of this blog post because this is not a post that needs comments. Whether you hate me or love me after this post, I can't control. But you can blog about what you want on your own blog.

I was talking with a friend the other day about current affairs, the church, the Bible and the fact that Jesus is coming back. Churches are not preaching this anymore. There is not an urgency anymore to preach heaven and hell. Things are so muddy now. We learn how to have great marriages, how to be great parents or how to deal with difficult people but we've lost sight of Christ coming back. THE RAPTURE!

If you don't recognize the war going on in the spiritual realm right now, I think it's time you do. This election is about to divide our country like never before. I am sick when I think about Christ Followers not taking a stand these days. Christ followers seem to be NO different than the rest of the world.

I've been quiet long enough. I've tried to keep my mouth shut. In fact, I have given in and allowed the enemy to infiltrate my life by television programs and music. There is a difference between being legalistic and being Holy. I'm choosing to be Holy. I am quite sure I will screw up because I'm not totally sure what this road looks like but I know that once again God has brought a season of purging into my life and I have to obey and see what He is wanting me to do. You can justify all you want. You can say what you want about how we are supposed to live our lives as followers of Christ. But the Bible speaks CLEARLY and yes, I believe every single word it says. It is TRUTH.

The fight for office has brought many things to light lately. I've seen Hollywood speaking out more than ever before. Madonna chanting hateful things about Palin at her recent concert. Cybil Shephard attacking Palin because she encouraged her daughter to have the baby. Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Kanye West. The list goes on and on and on and on. I have no desire to go to a movie at all. I have no desire to watch anything. I have no desire to give one cent to Hollywood any longer. I cringe at the evil things they are saying and doing.

Do we quit talking about what the Bible says because we don't want to offend anyone? Why are people not taking a STAND for Christ in this election?

I am burdened. You should be too. We should all be on our knees asking God what it is that keeps us from pursuing him MORE!