Tuesday, September 1, 2009

1st Day Of School 2009





We started the day with Worship, Prayer, Pledge to Texas Flag, Pledge of Allegiance and the Bible Pledge. Then we had our Bible story time. My favorite part of the day is sitting down on the floor with all of us holding hands and praying. I am so glad my kids are comfortable praying out loud. I love to hear them pray! Ezekiel prays too! We can't always understand him but there is no way he would allow us to leave him out! He is quite the leader!

Josiah is in first grade and it's a lot more work than Kindergarten. He has a new set of spelling words each week and he spelled ALL of them correctly today! He is a reading maniac! I have yet to experience him struggling with "getting" things. He is my brain child!

Ava Beth is doing pre-k curriculum as well as learning to read. She is very eager to learn and loves being a part of everything we do! She is extremely social and never quits talking so at times it was a challenge to keep everyone focused today. Thankfully she loves School!

Ezekiel is two and a half years old. Having him around sure makes things interesting to say the least. Last year he would nap while we did Kindergarten. This year he is all up in our business! I love how he is learning so much from his brother and sister. In today's society, sibling friendships are not always encouraged or nurtured. Never underestimate the power of siblings in your child's life! I tell my kids all the time that they never have to worry about having friends because they will always have each other. You may fight and not agree on everything but at the end of the day, family are the most important people in our life!

Schooling two is much more difficult than I ever imagined. Josiah has a lot more work and likes to complain but I am praying that as we get back into the routine, all three of my children will find their way. I am so thankful to have a husband who supports me in this journey. The character building my kids receive from schooling at home is the most amazing thing to watch.

Thank you Lord for this honor and privilege of serving my children.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

I admire you and your efforts. Keep plugging along. Your children are blessed!

Kim said...

So glad you had a great first day! We start next week :)

It is a *special* kind of challenge to figure out the little ones with the big ones! A dear friend (Kim @ Lifesong) had a great idea that I used with Sam when he was 3-4 (a bit younger than Zeke) where we had a special box for each day that we only brought out during the crucial school-time hours :

Monday: Thomas the train - coloring pages, dry erase books, actual trains!, regular books and then if he made it the full 30 minutes we would put on a Thomas video.

Tuesday: Dinosaurs ...
Wednesday: Pirates ...

etc...

It worked really well! At least for an hour or so ;) Plus I was able to use the video time on top of the playtime.

What a testimony to His goodness ... a momma who loves to teach her babies!

Wendy said...

Love a school where the kids can go barefoot! Our 1st day of school picture was very similar!

So glad we can walk this road together. I only wish we lived closer. So thankful for your friendship!

Stacey said...

awesome! so glad you had a good first day.
I thought of you today as we learned the state pledge for Alabama - since we are learning about AL this week. It was you doing the Texas pledge that introduced me to the notion that states had their own pledges as well!

See how we keep learning as adults!!
Love it!

I also find schooling two to be a challenge with kinks that will eventually work themselves out as we get into routine I hope.