Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hide 'Em In Your Heart

I bought this cd on iTunes a couple of years ago and we listened to it constantly for months.  When I was reading this book, she mentioned playing scripture cd's for her kids while they slept at night.  In the index at the back of her book, she suggested this cd.  Yeah! I already had it and my kids already love it.  We have not listened to it in a while so it's been fresh!

Tonight they were silent in their beds as they listened to the songs.  Makes me smile!  Thinking I will buy Hide 'Em In Your Heart Volume 2 ASAP! And hearing Steve Green's voice reminds me of the good ol' days in the early 90's when I listened to him, Twila Paris, Michael Card, 4Him and sooooo many others.

Anyway, I just thought this was a treasure worth sharing!  I long for my kids to know scripture and know it well and this cd helps me in the teaching process.  Moms need all the help they can get!



3 comments:

Stacey said...

Awesome! Our kids have listened to Plumb's album called Blink every night for like, 2 years. They call it "sleepy music" and while it is GORGEOUS and the lyrics are incredible (google it!) it is also like a drug... the minute they hear it, they are OUT. It's beautiful.
I would be interested in a cd with actual words of scripture, but is it too boppy for nighttime?

Unknown said...

This cd is only scripture. That's why I use it.

I have all of Plumb's stuff!

mamashine said...

We have both volumes of this and my kids love it. It's the only thing Luke ever wants to listen to in the car.

We also got Sing the Word From A to Z last year with our homeschool curriculum and it's amazing too. One thing I love is that it includes the Bible address in the song so you remember it. I know all the verses from the Steve Green stuff but can never remember where to find it in the Bible. :)