Saturday, September 18, 2010

18 miles!

I remember when I posted a couple of times last year when I ran my 18 miles but now it's my babe! We met him at the ten mile mark to give him a refill on water and Gatorade and then we always go follow him in on the last mile. So the pictures below are of him right before he gets to our cul-de-sac. I told him with those bright shoes and that dark skin, he kind of looks like one of the Kenyan marathon runners! :) I'm so proud of him!

Who would have thought the Chicago Marathon would turn him into one of those crazy, obsessive runners! (A-hem Amanda!) Wendy and I were there when he fell in love with the sport! Right Wendy?! The kids think he is a Rock Star and I must admit, I do too! We live in an area FULL of runners. I counted over twelve runners running the same route he was and one of the women I saw running was barefoot. Yep, you get all kinds in Austin!

Way to go Jeremy! I am so proud of you! Don't rest yet, the 20 miler is two weeks from today! And then I will be living with a maniac enduring the "taper madness". He will be anxious for the marathon. I will be anxious for labor! Hoping we can just get them both in on the same day, October 23rd! :)

Keep your distance, he is MINE!

So proud of him!

Any run over 16 miles, an ICE BATH is a MUST! I had the honor of pouring the ice in!

2 comments:

Kelly Ann said...

Go Jeremy Go! He is killin' it! Shaefer enjoyed the pictures of J in the ice bath. She kept asking, "Why is ice in there?" :)

Wendy said...

Seems like just yesterday he decided to do Chicago w/out training! He did amazing even w/out training. No doubt he will do even more awesome this year!