Tuesday, October 26, 2010

prep time

John 16:21 A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
"You're braver than you believe. Stronger than you seem. And smarter than you think." -Christopher Robin to Pooh

This morning I have been working on some things to bring with me for Labor and delivery. I have some things typed out, scriptures I have gathered and scriptures from Naomi and some quotes. There are some amazing quotes that I have found by midwives but I also ran across something that a friend gave me when I was in my early twenties. It is so special to me and I must bring it in that labor and delivery room! I think many of you will find meaning when you read it. I've never enjoyed playing small in this life. I like to go big and so I am going to go big and believe that I am strong enough to do what I have set out to do! Plus, I got JESUS!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. 
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people don't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. 
It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.


-Marianne Williamson