Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thankful


Thanks to Ava Beth's dance recital, our home is full of fresh flowers! It's been a long few days for me. I've been in a funk, but tday I've battled my way out of it. I see progress! The more I allow God's word to penetrate my spirit, the more the heaviness begins to lift.

Something about these flowers reminded me of so much I am thankful for. Our home is full of giggles and funny boy noises. It's full of dirty feet and pink painted toenails. I long for even more feet to run around this house. I look forward to it!

It's a very used kitchen/school table. No matter how much I clean and polish, the scrapes, marker stains, and water marks remain. As I place a beautiful vase of flowers in the center, I'm reminded of how HE is always faithful to give me beauty for ashes.

My greatest days are those I spend in the pit. For they always draw me close to my Father!

No comments: