Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sneak peek-continued (more group study)

Science!! Everyone I know who uses Apologia, LOVES it! I bought the book, and two of the notebooking journals. My kids love note booking, and Ava Beth would be upset if she didn't have her own. Some people just make their own, but I have spent less money on curriculum this year than I ever have. I splurged! The lab kit is also pictured below and I haven't purchased yet. I could make my own, but I've heard from friends that having it on hand is great. No excuse not to do the experiments or projects! I'm buying the lab kit next week (another pay day).

I get extremely ancy during the Summer, so I think we are going to start our History and Science as soon as it comes in. I think we will start everything else at the beginning of August. It is too hot to do much of anything else. Swimming will soon lose it's splendor!

I'm going to try and post a few other things later. If not today, tomorrow. So far, I've used amazon, eBay, and a used curriculum sale to buy my stuff. I haven't spent more than $300! Last year, I spent too much. I've found that "package buying" from one company makes it extremely expensive. Thankfully, my personality likes to have choices. I do better that way! I told Jeremy that I was going to spend as little as possible for this school year, and it looks like I've succeeded! So excited! Once again, I feel reborn! Prepping for a new school year tends to do that for me.

Last year I discovered how much Josiah enjoys History and Science. That was something I had to keep in mind as I planned for the next school year. What does each child enjoy? Four years into Homeschooling, and I'm still learning the ropes. Thank you, Lord. You always make my path straight.

No comments: