Monday, October 10, 2011

The perfect Fall cookie!


Posting from the iPad again, which means "linking" is a pain because blogger has yet to create an app for iPad! But...I have the ingredients memorized! This is from a blog I found and I think you will "Fall" head over heels for this cookie!

You will be shocked when you find out how amazing this cookie tastes and how easy it is to bake. When Jeremy and I first got married, I was a given a cook book that had recipes for cookies made from a cake mix. I can't find it anywhere! I made a chocolate chip cookie with a yellow cake mix that Jeremy LOVED! Finally, I have a cookie to redeem my misplaced recipe! Jeremy loved it too! Redemption!

1 spice cake mix
1 can of pumpkin (15 oz)
1 egg
1 tablespoon of cinnamon

Mix all together (I use my stand mixer)
Add 1 cup of chocolate chips

Bake at 350 for 12 minutes and enjoy!

Enjoy the perfect marriage of cake and cookie!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Think I found what Cassidy and I will be making tonight:-) Yum! Do you think these would be ok without the choc chips? Thinking I might split the batch and make half with and half without. (Can you believe I don't love chocolate??)

Unknown said...

I am not on chocolate person either. I don't use chocolate to cope with pms or stress. I choose sour candy! And vanilla is always mybchoice of cake!

But...these cookies need that little bit of choc! It helps offset the pumpkin and spice.

Do you know this trick? Spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin makes a loaf of pumpkin bread! My mom told me about this last year. It is pretty good. I have an amazing recipe for pumpkin bread so it doesn't come close to that, but it's easy. Sometimes I add a 1/4 cup of orange juice or apple juice to it, but you don't need it.

If you try the cookie w/out the chips, let me know. That is funny because Jeremy thinks it's weird that I don't like choc chip cookies. Usually people that don't go nuts over choc aren't weird, they are unique and awesome!! Right? :) everyone tells me I am weird for not being a chocolate lover! Bring on the vanilla or lemon!!

Kelly said...

I feel so validated- ha! Although I do love chocolate on junior mints, which I keep stashed in the freezer for my "fix"! That's the only chocolate I crave:-)

I'll do half and half and let you know!

Unknown said...

We are sisters! I eat junior mints with popcorn and love York peppermint patties!!!!

Becca in Texas said...

This is one of the things you have totally influenced me with Mandy. Your love of baking and cooking for your family. Since last Spring I have been totally stepping out of my anti cooking box and learning to cook and bake. I have found it makes me so happy to be able to do that for my family. This past month I have been on a baking spree. Believe it or not I baked Chocolate Chip cookies from scratch for the first time in my life. It snowballed. So I am thrilled to try this recipe.

Kelly said...

OK, I had to come copy this recipe. Going to make these for everyone before heading out trick or treating:-)