Monday, January 23, 2012

harvest

Our Pastor posted this video earlier. He just got back from a trip where he was able to attend part of this revival. From the moment he began teaching last night, I knew his trip was life-changing. It poured over into our group.

As we sat around the table, he shared scripture God had given him. Several times, as he shared God's Word, he cried. As everyone shared what God was doing in their life, I noticed everyone was feeling the same thing. The Holy Spirit was moving. Through worship, communion and prayer, we were all ministered to in a powerful way. It felt like God was affirming and loving each and every one of us in a very personal way. It wasn't crazy or chaotic. It was worship. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Jeremy had his hands lifted high in worship. I lost it. I could not stop crying. My spiritual leader was worshipping and crying out to God. This is what I have prayed for. Then my Pastor's wife and friend, Allison, walks away and comes back with tissue for me. She is a Mother of five. Then I lost it again. It hit me. I prayed for her too. I wanted to shout in praise! My insides were shouting, "Look at what God has done! You are finally out of the desert!" 

Last night felt like I breathed for the first time in a few years. I had no idea I was so hungry. I had no idea I was so empty, ready to be filled. The wait, the desert, it was all worth it. There will always be deserts, but there will always be a harvest. 

This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow


-Hillsong United


I love this video of Code Orange Revival that our Pastor attended last week. Honestly, it made me cry like a baby. You see all kinds of Pastors with different doctrines and theology. I love that! From Ed Young to Matt Chandler! WOW! And TD Jakes! But over and over again you hear the message of JESUS CHRIST. It is ALL about JESUS! I am so excited to finally be a part of a church that is going to see things like this happen! I got a taste of it last night!


Code Orange Revival from Elevation Church on Vimeo.

Rick Warren says, God WONT ask "Were u a Calvinist?Arminian?Pentecostal?Catholic?Orthodox?Evangelical? He’ll ask “What’d you do with Jesus?" 


AMEN!