Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Vomit at Sam's Club

I'm telling you, we are being attacked! You can think I am a freak, i don't care but I know we are being attacked spiritually right now. I have to do all of my baking and cheese balls tonight and tomorrow before we deliver in Fort Worth on Friday and guess what? The baby and Ava Beth AND Jeremy have the stomach flu. My husband is currently curled up in a ball on our bathroom floor.

Today while getting pecans and eggs at Sam's, Ava Beth threw up ALL over me in the frozen section. You should have seen me! This veteran Mom of three looked like a rookie mom. I just stood there, helpless and held a blanket in my hand for her to vomit in. It was in her hair, her clothes, her shoes and ALL over me. People stared as they walked by, some cringed and then out of no where, a woman appeared and said the following, "My name is Betty and I'm gonna leave my basket here, get my purse and push this cart with these boys in it and you take her to the bathroom. I will be right behind you." Instantly I trusted a total stranger/ANGEL to take my boys while I cleaned up Ava Beth in the bathroom. As we are walking, AB continues to vomit and I hear this stranger named Betty singing Christmas songs with my boys and Josiah is singing along with her, pausing to tell her how many more days until Santa arrives at our house.

I asked a Sam's employee for a trash bag and put Ava Beth's clothes inside. The employee acted like I asked for a million dollars! SO RUDE! I don't say this for you to feel sorry for me but I did not have enough money to go find and outfit on the rack to put her in. I had enough for exactly what I needed! Needless to say, Ava Beth was in the cart half naked. The only thing I could say to Betty was, "Your an Angel. God bless you for helping me." Then we went through the line quickly, I paid for our stuff and listened to little old ladies say, "Mommy, she needs some clothes." And after hearing it the third time, I said in a very annoyed tone "She just threw up all over the place. I'm not worried about her not having any clothes!" After all, their lucky i didn't strip down! Finally we leave, only to stop off the side of the road for her to throw up in some one's yard! I had called Heidi, who was keeping our friend Lacey's kids because Lacey has the stomach flu! We were all out last night for a girl's night and Lacey left early because she was sick! Okay so I call Heidi and say, "I need you to load the kids up and meet me at Wal Mart while I run in to get the stuff I need. You can stay outside with the kids. I will be fast but I have to get this stuff." Heidi met me in the parking lot, I ran inside and we are home. Heidi was supposed to bring me a shirt but she forgot so I smelled pretty bad in Wal Mart! Oh well! :) Thank you Heidi! I LOVE YOU!

A few minutes ago, I grabbed Josiah and said "Son, come here. I'm gonna lay my hands on you and pray." Then he says, "Why do you need to pray for me?" I explained how he couldn't get sick and I couldn't get sick because we needed to take care of everyone else. So I prayed for him and when I finished he said, "Thank you so much for praying for me. I feel really good now." :) I prayed for Jeremy too on the bathroom floor. While I was praying he said, "DON'T RUB ME." :)

Please pray for us y'all. I'm off to bleach and sanitize my kitchen like never before!!!! And while I am at it, I may be cussing SNAPFISH! STILL NO CHRISTMAS CARDS! :)

17 comments:

Liz Ferguson said...

I'm sure you are being attacked spiritually. I don't think you are a freek! :)

I'm sorry to hear about your day...that just plain stinks (no pun intended). I don't know what I would have done. Praise God for the angel He sent your way.

I am praying for you right now.

April said...

I'm with Liz...that STINKS! So sorry for the hard time. Lifting up a little prayer for you and Josiah to stay well.

Brenda said...

Praise the Lord for the angel He sent to help you. I agree you are being spiritually attacked too. May the Lord pour His healing into Jeremy, Ava Beth, and Zeke. And, may He keep you and Josiah healthy. :)

Sonya Terrell said...

I am praying for you!

Robin said...

Although my day yesterday wasn't as dramatic, I ended finally figuring out I was under attack all dad gum day. I was exhausted by the end of it. Bed never felt so good...

Needless to say, I'll be praying for you guys.

PS You should have just let AB throw up all in those ol' biddies carts. =)

Kelly said...

You are absolutely right, and you are calling it like it is- an attack of the enemy. I am praying with you for health for you and Josiah, and also for the rest of your family. I absolutely sobbed when I read about you laying hands on Josiah- this is what we are supposed to be doing- this is why God gave us the Holy Spirit, to call on His power.
You are blessed in the midst of this sickness because of your faithfulness- our faith is what pleases god and you are showing yours tonight.

Bless your heart- I wish I lived close enough to come help you make all those cheeseballs. So glad you have Heidi- what blessing she is
:-) And praise God for sending Betty!!!

I'm praying for you!

Paula said...

yes, the enemy will put us down any way he can.

Love and prayers to you.

And bless Ms Betty. Very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - you poor thing! I hope it passes over you and Josiah. Wish you were closer or that I did not have to give a party at Chase's school tomorrow - I would come help you. Oh - if you have Phernergan or can get your hands on it - it will help Jeremy stop throwing up and he will sleep off the rest of the bug - it always helps me!
Good luck girl!
Nancy

Unknown said...

You are in my prayers my dear friend. Please let us know if you need anything:)!

love you:)!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that. I have been there (throw up on me in a store - no fun). Hope everyone feels better soon and you and Josiah don't get it.

Gwen said...

I'm so sorry your house has the stomach flu. I'm hoping that is not what is about to happen to me. I'm not feeling very well myself tonight.

Praying no one else gets it!

Karen said...

Father God, in the name of Jesus, I ask You to completely rid this family of infirmity. Give them peace and perfect health. Restore Jeremy, Ezekiel and Ava Beth to strength. Protect Mandi and Josiah. I pray for Your supernatural healing virtue. Thank You, Lord, for this precious lady who helped Mandi and took care of Josiah and Ezekiel. May she feel Your presence through the children's touch. Let her know she had an encounter with precious children who know Jesus. Amen

Christina said...

I just read your mom's prayer and I'm crying. What sweet words.

Praying for you.

V. said...

there is something about the word 'vomit' that just explains it all!

V.
www.repurposed.wordpress.com

Karen said...

Please write a new blog soon. I know your life has been consumed with "vomit" lately. However, when I check "Mama Sings" to see a new blog, the first thing I see is "VOMIT". Oh well, sometimes "Mama" and "Vomit" are synonomous. (I'm not sure if I spelled that right but you know what I mean).

Hope you are all well soon. Who knows why God allows the things He allows. We just have to know that He is God and He is in control.

I love you.
mom

Kate said...

oh my goodness! flashbacks for me!
i am behind on the blog but i do hope you are starting to feel better - all of you! love ya!

Anonymous said...

I agree that you are being attacked! I will pray for you - one that you will NOT get this bug & two that you will have peace and protection while you care for your family.

Bless you!