Thursday, July 8, 2010

a few of my favorite things


My favorite cup to drink hot tea or coffee from. Mostly tea during pregnancy!


Chocolate Chip Cookies are my least favorite cookie but my family's favorite.  It's not the cookie that's my favorite thing. It's the baking!  Baking brings peace to my day. Always.


My favorite smell besides the smell of Christmas.


I bought this cd almost 15 years ago and it still remains a favorite. This CD is in my suburban most of the time because when the kids get wild, it goes in the player!  They always stop fussing and zone out.  It works!

dieu qu'il la fait bon regarder 
by Claude Debussy

My Favorite song on the cd!  You can sample it on itunes and many other sites.  We sang this song for UIL my Senior year in High School. It gave me chill bumps then and gives me chill bumps now.

Now if you put all of these things into an afternoon while kids spend time in their rooms or coloring at the kitchen table, the combination will bring joy to any day!  I will work hard to make this happen again today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much you have inspired me yesterday and today! We are expecting our fourth in late January and needless to say, I am sick and exhausted, all the time! Thanks for helping me remember that it will get better, my house will be clean again and I will feel like baking again! lol

Blessings to you and your family!

Wendy said...

Good reminder to enjoy the little things God has given us.