Thursday, August 19, 2010

been busy at my party!

 "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)


I hate, hate, hate, pity parties and today I decided to go ahead and throw one for myself.  The only thing missing were balloons!  I've locked myself in my bedroom then the bathroom (you have to lock doors with kids in the house) and fell to my knees in my closet twice today.  I remember being pregnant with my first and everyone asking how I was feeling, they did the same with the second.  By the time you get to the third, people quit asking and when you get pregnant with the 4th, people forget you are even pregnant and they are so used to you being pregnant that they don't even know when you are due.


I've made myself available a lot lately to be there for friends and family and I am thankful I have my Lord, Jesus Christ to pour back into me.  I need it!  I have got to figure out how to be there for others without becoming consumed.  Hard for me.  I also need to learn how to reach out and share with others that I need THEM but it seems just about everyone on my radar screen has a full plate. I know what that's like.


So if I seem quiet, I am.  I am tired.  Please excuse the pity party.  I never stay there long.


11 more weeks of pregnancy and by gosh I'm gonna enjoy it!  Two more weeks of Summer and then Homeschool begins.  Looking forward to the Summer ENDING.


P.S. Tomorrow I will have a post dedicated to 35 THINGS about Jeremy!  My hunk is turning 35 on Saturday!  And let me say he really is a hunk!  He has been my ROCK this week and he headed out the door a few minutes ago for his training run.  As he was leaving I said "Thank you babe for being a great husband to me."  Jeremy keeps me going! Always has!  He runs his second marathon on October 23rd and I will be 37 weeks pregnant!  I told him when it's over we can just go have the baby!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Been thinking about you. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you. We all have those moments.
Wish I was there to bring you flowers, or something to brighten your day.

I think we're starting school on Monday. Let's be committed to praying for each other. Love ya!

Unknown said...

We MAY start the week before labor day but it just depends on me being able to figure out MFW. I got it all in today and I feel totally overwhelmed.

Thank you Wendy! I love you my friend.

Christy said...

Praying for you Amanda.

Kelly said...

So sorry I am not closer and oculd give you a hug! I pray for you daily, so know that you are on my mind and heart, and I will pray that God will give you a fresh burst of energy as you are lifting up the burdens of loved ones in your own life.

I'm with you on the pity party day... mine may last a few weeks. Things turned out far differently than I ever would have expected and I am struggling with peace in the decisions we made for the girls. SO hard to stay encouraged when it seems like I have every real reason to feel sorry for me:-)Hope today is a bright one for you!

Unknown said...

Kelly, I am praying for you today! You are where you need to be, immersed in his word! I can feel your prayers and I pray I can be there for you too.